Tomorrow is my husband John's birthday. I know what you are probably thinking, "Another birthday, Lisa? Didn't you just celebrate Max's birthday twice, including a Monster Bash and now you have another?" Yes, you are correct and that is not all, our Anniversary is in a week! October is one crazy month for us!
John is the hardest person to shop for. Scratch that. He is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for. When prompted about what he needs or wants, he always says, "Don't get me anything." So, this year instead of a gift that he will inevitably return, I thought I would make a list of some of the things that I love about him. I will keep it light and fun - no deep dark secrets here!
Here we go...
1. I love that you are always a good sport about me scaring you. After 14 years, I can still pop out from around the corner and make you jump.
2. I love that you think I am gorgeous. All. The. Time. It doesn't matter if I just spend an hour getting ready or just climbed out of bed, you think I am beautiful.
3. I love that I never have to pump my own gas. You'll make a special trip to fuel up my car so I don't have to.
4. I love that you deal with my "humor" - the kind when I make jokes about things that could actually be real. Example: I call you from work... "I found this awesome deal on a new rug for our back hall. I bought it and It only cost $2,500!" Then you say, "Really? Are you kidding?" Then I say, "Yes!" I know it drives you nuts, but this is why you love me.
5. I love that you deal with my rather large pile of shoes in the back hall, without a single complaint that I have too many or they are taking up too much space.
6. I love that you ask me "where's your cape?" when you come home and see I have gotten like a million things accomplished around the house.
7. I love that you love my baking more than anyone else in the world.
8. I love that you know WAY more about history than me and that I can ALWAYS ask you the stupidest questions and you will answer me in the kindest, most informative way.
9. I love that you think I am the greatest Mom in the world, especially when I think I am the worst.
10. I love that you love my feisty side.
11. I love that when I complain about my clothes being old or that I don't have any good clothes in my closet, you immediately say, "You need clothes. Go buy some!"
12. I love that you go along with my ideas, even when you think they are a bit out in left field.
13. I love that you are an amazing dad in so many ways, I can't even begin to count.
14. I love that if your total purchase comes to $6.66, you will buy one more thing.
15. I love that you have taught the boys to recognize, by name, 70's and 80's rock bands. Nothing beats a 3 year old requesting to hear Judas Priest!
Happy birthday to THE BEST man that I could have dreamed of. Life wouldn't be nearly as interesting without you!